To Christmas Parade Participants:
Thank you for participating in the 2022 Belleview Christmas Parade. Our parade lines up at lake Lillian and proceeds on to SE 110thStreet / US Hwy. 441/301 North.
1. Floats may arrive after 9 AM, but must be in position and completely decorated by 11 AM. Riders on floats must be in the line-up no later than 12:30 PM.
2. All participants are to be picked up at Heart of Florida Medical on SE 110th Street. Marching Units should instruct participants to park their vehicles at the field behind City Hall and walk to their check in point at Lake Lillian overflow parking will be available at the lake Lillian community center parking lot.
3. Check In as follows:
4. You will receive your line-up number on parade day at time of check in
5. Items may not be handed out by people walking on the parade route, and nothing can be thrown or passed out from the floats.
6. Your line-up number must be displayed on your entry in order to be judged. (You will be given a number to display before the Parade begins.)
7. Entry numbers cannot be changed.
8. Failure to enter other than from the suggested route may result in you being faced in the wrong direction or unable to turn corners because of other units already in place.
9. No Stopping to perform!
Have a great time and enjoy the Parade! Any Questions please email BelleviewParade@gmail.com
STOPPING TO PERFORM IS FORBIDDEN!
1. Floats cannot arrive before 9:00 AM, but must be in position and completely decorated by 11:00 AM. Riders on floats need not arrive early, but must be in lineup area no later than 12:30 PM. NO OTHER VEHICLES OTHER THAN PARADE FLOATS/VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED IN FLOAT AREA AFTER 12:30 PM. Vehicles and units MUST stay in line-up position. Preliminary judging may take place in the line-up area. Final judging will take place at the judges reviewing stand on the parade route. All floats and large towing tractors must have fire extinguishers on board and will be subject to inspection by the Fire Department.
2. Floats must not exceed 14 feet in width, 14 feet in height from pavement and 60 feet in length. Floats will be limited to 1 person per lineal foot of trailer to ride on the float. All materials must be properly secured to the float and if people are standing, proper support must be provided.
3. All audio, towing and motorized vehicles with the exception of antique cars must be decorated.
4. All unsafe or disabled floats and/or other units will be removed from the parade route and not allowed to re-enter. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!
5. All persons, units and floats must be in line-up area by 12:30 PM., late arrival will justify removal from the parade. Line-Up positions cannot be exchanged once assigned.
6. All parade entries and participants are approved by the committee based on “SHOW VALUE” to the overall parade and theme. Understanding that a parade is an entertainment medium, the contribution of each unit to this concept is critical. Artistic beauty, use of color, animation, special effects, originality, rider personnel, marching/dancing skills, and visual appearances are all consideration for committee acceptance. Our parade is not a platform for political campaigns, social issues or targeted special groups.
7. Performing while marching along parade route is encouraged. However, NO STOPPING to perform will be allowed!
8. Blatant advertising on units or profanity will not be allowed. All sponsor signs are limited to 16 square feet. (i.e. 4’x4’, 2’x8’).
9. Motorized performing units must maintain a safe distance of at least 5 feet from curb. Vehicles should not travel faster than 3 miles per hour and must watch for the unit behind them to maintain a smooth flow.
10. No persons dressed as Santa Claus will be permitted in any unit other than the official Santa Claus float as designated by the committee.
11. No candy or merchandise will be thrown or handed out along the parade route. Any violation of this will result in immediate removal from the parade.
12. Costuming/decoration is MANDATORY (failure to comply eliminates you from competition) on horses, riders and carriages. Each horse unit MUST PROVIDE adequate clean-up personnel immediately behind their unit for ENTIRE PARADE ROUTE.
13. Any person who possesses or is under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be removed from the line-up area and the parade.
14. Motorized units limit 12 per group No Day of arrivals will be allowed, groups must apply
15. Points will be subtracted from judges score if you stop and perform along route
16. The committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry. Parade Officials instructions must be followed. There are no exceptions The Parade committee has the right to eliminate any unit from the parade of their instructions are not followed.
ALL RULES WILL BE ENFORCED. VIOLATIONS WILL BE JUST CAUSE FOR REMOVAL FROM THE PARADE AND/OR DENYING PARTICIPATION IN FUTURE YEARS.